Friday, September 14, 2007

Everybodies wearing blue jeans

Spring is here and my body feels ready to get back on track.

I wish I hadn't gained back 15 of the 20 Kilos I lost. But it has happened and it is way over time to deal with it and also to understand why it happened so it doesn't happen again.

I am sitting at work in my jeans. The same jeans that I left behind when I went overseas as they had gotten too big for me. Now they are barely containing me and I will not buy another pair and let myself get too big for them.
The fly forms a funny pattern of bulges like this- ( ). The waist which was always loose cuts into my belly. My thighs feel constricted. The hems are shorter than they were before and I feel like a dork. So why am I wearing them. Because all those things have now made me wake up to myself!

Soon there will be stonefruit and I love nectarines. I have developed a love of Rocket and am looking forward to crisp tangy salads (which is a post for another day).

Tomorrow I am going on a picnic and I will be taking the salad and some fruit to eat so I don't gorge on Meat like I did at last weekend BBQs.

I am feeling introspective and have so much to write that I don't know where to start. All I know is that I have to get back into those good routines and keep on them!

No comments: